OK I saw the following after a cursory look at the news and what people are saying about the Boston terrorists. I should step away from the internet.
* Chechnya = Czech Republic
* Chechnya = TURKEY [ok I get Czech Rep, but TURKEY?]
* The terrorists are "Islams" [ISLAMS]
* Immigrants are awful people
* Immigrants can never become "really" American [on CNN too!]
* At the same time, by different people: It doesn't matter that the terrorists are immigrants because they immigrated a long time ago [yes, because their disenfranchised situation will TOTES DISAPPEAR and they will FORGET about it all! Rly!]
* It's TOTALLY OK to call the terrorists "crazies", "maniacs" and "mad" [wow, is it so inconceivable for terrorists NOT to be mentally ill?]
* From Americans: Russians are brutal by nature
* From Russians: People from the Caucasus are brutal by nature
* From Americans: This is the Russians' fault because they couldn't deal with the Chechnya situation!!! [a "Situation". Next up it will be a "Question", you will see.]
* From Russians: This is the Americans' fault because these people spent most of their lives in the US!!!
* The terrorists HAVE to be people of color or my world-view will break
* The terrorists HAVE to be white or my world-view will break
[Both of the above take the information about Chechens as confirmation they were right. Also:]
* Muslims cannot be white
* White people cannot be oppressed [Er, how about white MUSLIMS, I guess the implication is that they turned in their whiteness card...?]
* [And, to add to the race confusion:] Hispanic people in the US are white [...why is this even relevant?!]
* [Plus the perennial favorite:] Bad jokes about the USSR and Eastern Europe [...huh?]
*throws up hands* I give up.
A nicer Shabbat and weekend, everyone.